Calling all cat lovers out there!
I LOVE my 3 fur children and I Iove finding ways to make them happy and healthy in my home. You can see more of them on my instagram Since a couple of my kitties like being under covers I decided I wanted to try making them a tent to crawl into for their nap times.
After doing a little research on my favorite site, Pinterest, I found a perfect tent that I could make with supplies I already had a home.
Supplies you will need:
- 2 Wire Coat Hangers
- Piece of Cardboard or Foamcore board cut into a square. Mine was 12″x12″.
- Tape – I used painters tape
- A Small Blanket or Towel that you are okay with your felines having.
- 1 Large T-shirt (I used a an adult small for my shirt and it came out fine.)
- Needle-nose pliers OR Wire Cutters
- 1 Ruler (to measure your board)
- Xacto knife and blade (to help you cut the board)
Cut your cardboard and reinforce the strength of the board with tape.
Take your 2 coat hangers and cut the hooks off of them.
Use your xacto knife and blade to cut holes in the four corners of the cardboard square for you to insert the wire hangers into.
Use your tape and pliers to connect the 2 hangers at the top to create the tent shape. Mold it into the shape you wish.
Insert the wire bases into the four corners of the tent base.
Secure the wire into the base with tape.
Lay the towel or blanket on the cardboard top.
Place the Insert the wire shape and base into the t-shirt and pull it all the way through and knot in the back. Make sure to push the sleeves inwards.
I sprinkled some cat nip in mine to lure my felines in to their new tent! Happy to say they love it!
What do you think of this project? Would you attempt to make it? Let me know in the comments below.
[Tweet “Learn how to make a #diy #cat tent for free! #catlover #catparents”]